Sometimes dinner and lunch can have a great deal in common. In this week’s “4PM Panic” post I’m recreating for my family a sandwich I enjoyed last week for lunch from the Galleria market in Chicago. One fun perk of working in the city is the amazing selection of fabulous foods available for lunch. I decided that this sandwich would make an excellent dinner option for my gang.
This Goat Cheese Panini is packed with goat cheese, fresh basil, fresh baby spinach, grilled mushrooms, tomatoes and avocado then grilled. Hungry? We paired this with Heinen’s delicious Tomato Basil Bisque soup. This has been my favorite soup sold by Heinen’s since the first time I shopped there. If they are not serving it hot on the day you shop you can buy it by the quart in the deli section. It’s so good that they have it available every day.
Goat Cheese Panini
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 8 slices of crusty bread
- 1 pound baby spinach
- 1 pound portabella mushrooms sliced
- 12 leaves of fresh basil
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 12 ounces of crumbled goat cheese
- 2 fresh ripe avacadoes
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 quart of Tomato Basil Bisque
- In a sauté pan sauté the mushrooms in 1 tablespoon olive oil set aside.
- Using a panini press or grill pan heat the pan on high.
- Assemble your sandwiches by buttering the outside of each slice of bread. Inside two pieces of bread layer the spinach, basil, tomatoes, mushrooms, avocado and goat cheese.
- Grill until golden brown.
Slice and serve with soup. This is a super easy, quick and delicious dinner (or lunch).