While gearing up for your Labor Day grilling you may notice a fresh, new look for the items in the meat case at Heinen’s. While it’s the same meat you’re used to, we’re rolling out new packaging that offers many helpful benefits. “The meat products are exactly the same high-quality meat we have always carried: raised by family ranchers and cut by our own butchers,” explains Tom Heinen. But now, thanks to our new, state-of-the-art warehouse and packaging facility that opened this past June in Warrensville Heights, Ohio, we have the capability of packaging the meat in air-tight plastic that offers some valuable benefits.
So, what does this mean for you?
- Fresher, Longer: Because oxygen has been removed, meat in the new packaging stays fresh and lasts longer. Meaning no worries if dinner plans change and you can’t eat it right away.
- It’s freezer ready: Place the unopened package right in the freezer and save it for another day. (No more freezer burn and wasted money!)
- No Leakage: The air-tight packaging eliminates leakage, meaning it’s safer and cleaner than conventional meat packaging.
- Easy-to-see: Clear, double-sided packaging ensures you can view the top and bottom of the meat, so you know exactly what you’re buying.
- In-package aging: The meat continues to age in the packaging, resulting in optimum flavor and tenderness when eaten.
“We believe in continually seeking ways to enhance our customer’s shopping and eating experience and we believe the new meat packaging is a great improvement,” says Tom. And if you prefer the traditional way, that’s fine, he continues: “We are committed to custom-cutting meat for customers if they do not like the new packaging.” Look for the new Heinen’s meat packaging at our stores soon, and feel free to ask a Meat Associate for recipes and more information!