Warm up while dinner is cooking with this easy recipe for mulled wine. The best part? Heat it up in the slow cooker in the morning, and you’ll be sipping pretty by dinnertime.
Slow Cooker Mulled Wine
- Peel of ½ orange
- 6 cinnamon sticks broken into pieces
- 1 inch ginger root, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 4 cups fresh apple cider
- 1 cup apple brandy
- 1 bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon
- ¼ cup honey
- Place orange peel, cinnamon, ginger into a square of cheesecloth and tie off top.
- Combine cider, brandy, wine and honey in a slow cooker. Add spice bag.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 5-6 hours
- Remove spice bag and discard. Ladle mulled wine into cups.