This Antipasto Bake is quick and easy to prepare for the holidays. Its delicious cheesy layers, savory meats and tender crust can be served as an appetizer or even a main meal. It comes together quickly and bakes in just 45 minutes. I like to add a mixture of Greek seasonings on top. The flavor is reminiscent of a good deli sandwich with an olive oil and seasoning blend.
Once you slice into this, it would be best for your safety to step back as the crowds will come charging to try a bite. Antipasto is always a hit, but when it is wrapped in a flaky croissant-like dough, it is a game-changer. You can even make it after the holidays as a game day snack.
- 2 (8 oz.) cans of Pillsbury refrigerated crescent rolls OR 2 (8 oz.) cans of Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dough sheets
- 4 oz. sliced salami
- 4 oz. sliced Swiss Cheese
- 4 oz. sliced Pepperoni
- 4 oz. sliced American cheese
- 4 oz. slices Italian ham
- 4 oz. sliced provolone cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 jar sliced roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup pitted, sliced olives
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 tbsp. Greek herb blend
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 13×9″ pan or spray with cooking spray.
- Unroll one can of crescent dough. Form into one large rectangle and place it in the greased pan. Press the dough into the bottom of the pan and 3/4-inch up the sides of the pan to form a crust. Be sure to firmly press the perforations in the dough to seal.
- Layer the meats and cheeses in the order listed in the ingredients list.
- Layer on roasted peppers and olives.
- Unroll the second can of dough. Press into a 9×13″ rectangle. Place over top of layered ingredients and punch the edges to seal. Bruch the beaten egg yolk over top of the dough.
- Sprinkle with Greek herb blend.
- Cover loosely with foil so that it does not adhere to the dough underneath.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the dough id a deep golden brown.
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving. Cut into squares and serve warm.