The following post was made in collaboration with Kathleen of @breadoverheels. and Marich Pancrafted Chocolates®. Product was provided by Marich and recipe development and photography were provided courtesy of Kathleen.
I was lucky to find my way a selection of Marich Pancrafted Chocolates® at Heinen’s and after tasting a few of their gourmet confections (they have everything from Dark Chocolate Cherries and Blueberries to English Toffee Caramels), I knew that I had to find a way to use them in my baking.
What did I come up with? These delicious Chocolate Sea Salt Toffee Cookies featuring Marich’s indulgent Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels (my personal favorite from their selection.) I used these tasty little treats as a topping to a sugar cookie with toffee and chocolate inclusions. Slightly crispy edges with a soft center and a sprinkle of a sea salt garnish give this chocolate and caramel concoction the perfect touch of sweetness.
Chocolate Sea Salt Toffee Cookies
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup Heath toffee bits
- 4 2.1-oz packages Marich Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels, cut in half
- Coarse sea salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter, sugar and brown sugar on medium for 5 minutes, or until creamed. Add vanilla and egg and beat on medium to combine.
- Slowly add the reserved dry ingredients while beating on low, mixing until just combined. Remove from mixer and stir in mini chocolate chips and toffee bits with a spatula.
- Scoop cookies with a cookie scoop or roll them into a ball with your hands. Place on a prepared cookie sheet, spacing about two inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until edges are starting to brown. Remove from oven.
- Working quickly, gently press cut halves of Marich Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels on top of cookies. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Remove from pans to let cool.