The following post was made in collaboration with Kathleen of @breadoverheels. and Marich Pancrafted Chocolates®. Product was provided by Marich and recipe development and photography were provided courtesy of Kathleen.
With the holidays just around the corner, my mind is racing with ideas for exciting and delicious holiday cookies. I was lucky to find my way a selection of Marich Pancrafted Chocolates® at Heinen’s and after tasting a few of their gourmet confections (they have everything from Dark Chocolate Cherries and Blueberries to English Toffee Caramels), I knew that I had to find a way to use them in my holiday baking.
What did I come up with? These delicious Chocolate Sea Salt Toffee Cookies featuring Marich’s indulgent Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels (my personal favorite from their selection.) I used these tasty little treats as a topping to a sugar cookie with toffee and chocolate inclusions. Slightly crispy edges with a soft center and a sprinkle of a sea salt garnish give this chocolate and caramel concoction the perfect touch of sweetness for your holiday gatherings.
Chocolate Sea Salt Toffee Cookies
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup Heath toffee bits
- 4 2.1-oz packages Marich Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels, cut in half
- Coarse sea salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter, sugar and brown sugar on medium for 5 minutes, or until creamed. Add vanilla and egg and beat on medium to combine.
- Slowly add the reserved dry ingredients while beating on low, mixing until just combined. Remove from mixer and stir in mini chocolate chips and toffee bits with a spatula.
- Scoop cookies with a cookie scoop or roll them into a ball with your hands. Place on a prepared cookie sheet, spacing about two inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until edges are starting to brown. Remove from oven.
- Working quickly, gently press cut halves of Marich Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels on top of cookies. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Remove from pans to let cool.