The recipe and photography for this post was provided by Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
Adding fresh spinach to hummus bumps up the nutrition, and the fun factor, without changing the flavor of this delicious Cool Green Hummus. Prep a batch to have on hand for easy snacks all week.
Still craving summer snacks? Click here for more inspiration.
Cool Green Hummus
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Makes 2 cups
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained (1/2 cup liquid reserved)
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1 cup packed baby spinach leaves
- Combine all ingredients, including reserved liquid from canned chickpeas, in a high-power blender or food processor.
- Blend on high until very smooth. Transfer to a glass storage container with lid. Hummus will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Serve with fresh cut vegetables, pita wedges or pretzels.