Recipe and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
This St. Patrick’s Day, give basic corned beef and cabbage a facelift with Chef Billy Parisi’s Corned Beef Cabbage Rolls. Filled with hearty fixings like mashed potatoes, carrots and parsnips, this Irish-inspired dish will have your taste buds feeling lucky.
Corned Beef Cabbage Rolls
Makes 10 Rolls
- 10 large green cabbage leaves
- 2 peeled carrots, cut into thick matchsticks
- 2 peeled parsnips, cut into thick matchsticks
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 2 cups cooked corned beef, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Add the cabbage leaves to a large pot of boiling water and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until soft. Drain and cool in the refrigerator.
- Add the carrots and parsnips to the boiling water and cook for 5-7 minutes or until al dente. Remove and chill.
- To roll, place 2 Tbsp. of mashed potatoes into the center of a cooked cabbage leaf. Add a few carrots, parsnips and ¼ cup of beef.
- Roll the cabbage to conceal the potatoes, carrots and parsnips and repeat until all of the cabbage leaves have been filled.
- Place in a 13×9 casserole dish and cover with foil.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes.