Crab is a big part of our Christmas Eve celebration, usually in the form of crab cakes or Alaskan King Crab Legs. If you like to use crabmeat for your holiday celebrations, you’ll love these Crab Rangoon Wonton Cups! They make the celebration so easy you can serve it for any occasion.
If takeout crab rangoon is one of your favorites, you’ll go crazy for this recipe. They have all the flavors of our favorite Chinese appetizer, but because I’ve made them using vegan wonton wrappers and baked them, they’re not only better for you, but easier to make.
Rady in 30 minutes or less, these bite-size wontons are the perfect appetizer for all of your holiday parties. They’re a guaranteed hit! We like to serve them straight out of the oven, but they are great cold, too. If you want even more flavor, dip them in your favorite sweet & sour sauce, or serve them with lemon aioli.
No matter how you enjoy them, this recipe is sure to become a favorite.
Crab Rangoon Wonton Cups
- 1 pack of wonton wrappers
- 1 lb. lump crab meat
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1-3 tsp. hot sauce (depending on how hot you like it.)
- 3 slices green onions, plus extra for garnish.
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Place one wonton wrapper in each muffin cup.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl or food processor, combine cream cheese, sour cream, 3 sliced green onions, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, hot sauce, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper. Combine well.
- Use a fork to flake apart the crabmeat. Stir crab into cream cheese mixture. Combine well.
- Spoon filling into the wonton shells and bake for 12 minutes. Check to see if the wontons are browning at the edges. Cover pan loosely with foil or parchment so the bottoms can bake without burning the tips. Bake 5 minutes longer.