Gluten free goodness combined with sushi, could there be a better combination? Whether you’re looking for a gluten-less alternative this rolled-up classic or are simply not a fan of fish, this dish is for you. Whip it up as a simple weeknight meal or an impressive party appetizer using NatureFresh™ Farms’ cucumbers.
Cucumber Avocado Sushi
- 2 cups NatureFresh™ Farms Long English Cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 2 cups brown rice
- 3 cups water
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ½ tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/8 cup sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1/8 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 sheet of dried seaweed
- Wash produce before preparing.
- Cook brown rice in 3 cups of water.
- While that is cooking, heat up rice vinegar, vegetable oil, sugar, and salt in a saucepan until sugar dissolves. Let cool.
- When rice comes to a boil, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Let rice cool until it is warm.
- Mix rice with vinegar mixture until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is sticky.
- Peel and dice cucumber and slice avocado; set aside.
- Layer Cucumber at the bottom of a one-cup measuring cup.
- Pack rice on top of the cucumber to fill the cup.
- Place a plate face down on the cup, hold together, and turn both over so the plate rests on the counter top or table.
- Top with Avocado
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Optional: break up pieces of dried seaweed or nori on top for the full sushi experience!
Note: Drizzle gluten free soy sauce over this recipe to add a little more flavor!