This recipe and photo were provided by our friends at Niman Ranch.
Prep: 15 Minutes
Cook: 40 Minutes
For quick prep, cook sweet potatoes in the microwave. Prick all over with a fork and microwave on high for 10 to 12 minutes, turning over halfway through, until softened and tender.
This flavorful Niman Ranch Apple Gouda Sausage and Sweet Potato combo will instantly become one of your favorite dishes.
- 4 small Sweet Potatoes (scrubbed clean)
- 2 tablespoons, plus 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 package (4 links) Niman Ranch Apple Gouda Sausage (cut into 8 pieces each)
- 1 large Apple (sliced into wedges)
- 1/2 cup Red Sauerkraut (optional)
- 1/3 cup Green Onions (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- Heat oven to 400F. Prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork; bake until soft and tender, about 40 minutes, set aside.
- For the dressing, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, and Dijon in a bowl; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large, heavy saute pan, over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and sausage. Saute until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes; set sausage aside. Add remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil and apple wedges to the same pan and cook 2 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons water, and turn apple wedges. Cook another 2 minutes.
- Slice sweet potatoes in half and mash the insides with a fork. Divide sausage and apples on top with sauerkraut, and drizzle with dressing. Garnish with green onions and parsley.