Cauliflower and chickpeas are seasoned and roasted with warm spices and lemon zest in these meal-prep-friendly, high-protein, vegan dinner (or lunch!) bowls. Served with fresh baby spinach, quinoa, and a bright lemon parsley vinaigrette, you’ve never met a more satisfying or crave-worthy plant-based bowl.
Golden Cauliflower Bowls with Lemon Parsley Vinaigrette
- 1 medium cauliflower (2.5 – 3 lb)
- 14.5 oz can chickpeas, drained
- Zest from 1 lemon (1 packed teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh Baby Spinach
For the Lemon Parsley Vinaigrette
- 1 packed cup parsley leaves and stems
- Juice from 1 lemon (3-4 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Trim cauliflower and cut into small florets. Transfer to sheet pan and toss with chickpeas.
- In a small dish, combine lemon zest, turmeric, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cumin, salt, pepper and olive oil. Pour over cauliflower and chickpeas and using your hands, toss everything together until well-coated.
- Transfer pan to hot oven for 30 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender. While they’re still hot, check to see if the cauliflower/chickpeas need more salt, and salt to taste, tossing well.
- While the cauliflower roasts, cook a batch of quinoa and prepare the vinaigrette.
- To make the vinaigrette, combine parsley leaves, lemon juice, water and garlic through olive oil in a blender (or food processor) and blend
- To serve, layer fresh spinach leaves, cooked quinoa and cauliflower/chickpeas in a wide, shallow bowl. Top with vinaigrette.
To see more of Carolyn’s recipes, visit her website: The Dinner Shift.