This recipe was provided courtesy of our Friends as GA Fuzzies and the Georgia Peach Council.
Sweet as peach and tangy as a taco, this delicious and healthy summer dish is sure to please the family or a big crowd.
Grilled Fish Tacos with Fresh Georgia Peach Salsa
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
For the Salsa
- 1 ½ cups diced fresh Georgia peaches
- 1 firm, but ripe avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ small jalapeño, minced
- Juice of 1 lime, about 3 tablespoons
For the Fish
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds fresh salmon, halibut, catfish, or your favorite fish
For the Tacos
- Corn tortillas
- Avocado, peeled and sliced thin
- Lime wedges
- Combine salsa ingredients in a medium bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat. In a small bowl, combine cumin, sugar and coriander. Brush fish with olive oil and sprinkle with spice mixture.
- Grill fish on oiled grill grates for 3-5 minutes per side until cooked to your liking.
- Char tortillas on grill about 10 seconds on each side.
- Serve tacos with fresh salsa and desired toppings.