The recipes and photography for this post were provided by local blogger, Sally Roeckell of 365 Barrington.
There’s nothing quite as dense, rich and sweet as a perfect pound cake. There’s also nothing quite as fitting for a post-sunshine treat in this gorgeous summer weather, especially when paired with a delicious Cedar Plank Salmon. As an added bonus, there are strawberries on top of the cake, making it the perfect “healthy treat” that you can brag about to your friends.
Grilled Pound Cake with Roasted Marnier Strawberries
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries, cleaned and cut.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Grand Marnier
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 pound cake
- Fresh whipped cream (or vanilla ice cream)
- Into a buttered cast iron pan add strawberries, water, sugar, and grand marnier.
- Place the pan on hot grill and allow the liquids to blend and the berries to roast. When the sugar has dissolved and the liquids have slightly reduced (about 3-5 minutes), remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, slice the pound cake in 3/4 inch slices. Use the softened butter to brush the grill grates. Place the pound cake slices on the grill until it has golden brown grill marks. 30-90 seconds. Turn carefully and do the same on the other side.
- Plate by layering pound cake strawberries and whipped cream.