These healthy snacks for the big game will even have your kids reaching for them! They are simple and delicious!
There is something about getting together for an event, but the Big Game takes it to a new level! Friends & family, cheering, laughing, and of course, yummy food! If you don’t have tasty snacks at your Big Game party, you may get boo’d instead of the players! Don’t worry – these healthier options make the cut and you will leave the party still feeling as good as you did when you walked in.
Pizza Zucchini Boats
I don’t have to many ways of making zucchini that the whole family will eat, but these boats “taste just like pizza” according to my kids, and are something everyone will enjoy. This recipe is perfect because it makes this vegetable fun & tasty!
- 5 Zucchinis, Sliced lengthwise in 3s
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Heinen’s Organic Cheese (sub FollowYourHeart Cheese to make this dish non-dairy/vegan)
- 1 1/2 cups Heinen’s Organic Herbed Marinara
- Fresh Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Mix olive oil and garlic in a small bowl. Line a baking sheet with silpat or use a nonstick spray. Place zucchinis on baking sheet and brush with garlic mixture.
2. Add marinara and top with cheese. Get fancy with other toppings like mushrooms, olives, onions, peppers, pepperoni or whatever your heart desires!
3. Bake for 15 minutes and top with fresh oregano and salt and pepper.
Note: Heinen’s makes it so easy, you can save yourself time on this recipe by buying pre-sliced zucchini in the produce section.
Cauliflower Buffalo Bites
This recipe is so scrumptious and gives the traditional chicken wing a healthy twist!
- 6 cups of Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 4 tbsp melted Grass-Fed butter
- 1/3 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
- A pinch of Sea Salt
- Tessamae’s Ranch Dressing
- Preheat oven to 450F. Mix all ingredients together.
- Add cauliflower florets in and mix well until cauliflower is nicely coated.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring 1 time after 10 minutes.
- Serve with sliced celery, and Tessamae’s Ranch Dressing (or your favorite blue cheese)
Traditional Chips & Dip
Yes, it’s not a party without chips & dip! Ditch the usual potato chips for these healthy, guilt-free potato chips. Jackson’s Honest has been a brand we’ve been buying and supporting for years. They only have 3 ingredients, heirloom purple potatoes, organic coconut oil, and sea salt. It doesn’t get much better than that! They are also non-GMO and nutrient-rich. Jackson’s Honest chips are far from junk food and make a healthy snack to pair with your favorite dip. We have been loving Cilantro Bitchin’ Sauce lately. A family member recently told us about it and it is a must if you haven’t yet! The ingredients in this sauce is just food – Almonds, Grapeseed Oil, Lemon Juice, Nutritional Yeast, Bragg Liquid Aminos (soy protein), Habanero, Garlic, Tabasco (red pepper, vinegar, salt), Ghost Pepper, Spices, Sea Salt… how amazing is that?
Don’t forget how easy (and necessary) it is to have mixed nuts, a pickle platter and a cheese-tray at your party. Find my gluten-free cheese-tray here! We buy Randy’s and Woodstock pickles. Both have no artificial additives & taste delicious. Mix it up this year and have a healthy Big Game party!