The recipe and photography for this post were provided by our friends at NatureFresh™ Farms.
Hummus is a trendy spread that pairs with just about anything dippable, but stuffing NatureFresh™ Mini Sweet Peppers with homemade hummus? Now that’s fresh.
If you’re on a crunch for time, skip the homemade step and opt for Heien’s pre-made fresh hummus instead! You can pick it up in the Deli.
Hummus-Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers
- 1 package NatureFresh™ Farms Mini Sweet Bell Peppers
- 19 ounce can of chickpeas
- ¼ cup tahini paste
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Wash all vegetables before cutting.
- Toss drained chickpeas into food processor or blender.
- Mince garlic cloves. Finely chop fresh parsley.
- Zest and juice the lemon.
- Add tahini paste, parsley, lemon zest and juice, garlic, and olive oil to blender.
- Puree until smooth, adding a splash of water to create a smooth, creamy texture.
- Cut the tops of the Mini Sweet Peppers off.
- Put hummus into squeeze bottle. Use the bottle to fill each Mini Sweet Pepper with hummus mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: Whether you make it from scratch or there is always room for variation with hummus. Try adding ingredients such as olives, Tomatoes, Roasted Peppers, or green onions!