The following recipe and photography was provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
Instant Pot Turkey Taco Pasta is a zesty meal that the whole family will love. This meal cooked in no time when using your Instant Pot or pressure cooker. The ground turkey, taco seasoning, fired roasted tomatoes paired with pasta maks this a fun alternative to taco night.
Instant Pot Turkey Taco Pasta
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 Cup frozen sweet corn
- 2 Cups chicken broth
- 1 – 14.5 oz. can of fired roasted diced tomatoes
- 8 oz. pasta of your choice, uncooked (smaller pasta works best, half of a 16-ounce box)
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar, shredded (or cheese of your choice)
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- Freshly chopped green onion
- Sour cream
- Chopped red onion
- Extra cheese
- Fresh salsa
- Let your Instant Pot or your pressure cooker to sauté and wait until it shows HOT. Add the olive oil and after 30 seconds add the ground turkey. Cook until the turkey is browned. Add the taco seasoning and stir until combined.
- Add the frozen corn, chicken broth, diced tomatoes and pasta and stir. Cancel the sauté mode.
- Put the pressure cooker lid on and set the steam release knob to the sealed position.
- Change the Instant Pot to MANUAL HIGH and set the time to 4 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot beeps showing that it is done, do a quick release. Once all of the pressure/steam is please turn off the Instant Pot. Remove the lid keeping the lid pointed away from you and stir the taco pasta together. Add the cheese to the pasta mixture and let the cheese melt.
- Serve the taco pasta in bowls with garnishes.
- Feel free to use ground beef if you like for this recipe. I would suggest using 80/20 when it comes to ground beef. Depending on the type of ground beef you use you may have to drain the excess fat after browning it. The learner ground beef won’t need to be drained.
- You can use regular diced tomatoes instead of the fire-roasted tomatoes.