This recipe and photography was given to us by our friends at Fresh Express
Italy is calling, and so is this salad! With fresh salami, mozzarella and tomato, this salad makes for a fantastically refreshing meal that provides a great dose of meat and vegetables.
Italian Antipasto Salad
- 1 Family Size bag of Fresh Express Italian salad mix, chopped into bite size pieces
10 ounces salami, cubed
- 4 ounces provolone, cubed
- 4 ounces mozzarella, cubed
- 1 cup green olives, pitted and chopped (optional)
- 3 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano, finely grated
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients and toss to coat with desired amount of vinaigrette.
- Generously season with pepper and sprinkle with parmigiano.
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Kosher salt to taste