The following recipe is courtesy of Melissa’s Produce. For more information on their delicious chiles and produce, visit their website here or their instagram @melissasproduce.
True fanatics know, our fresh, authentic Hatch Chiles are great in just about every dish. From your morning omelette to your dinner plate, when these powerful peppers are around, they’re always the star of the show. But what about dessert? We think so highly of Hatch that there’s even a place on our dessert table for these green beauties.
Authentic Hatch Chiles are available in Mild or Hot varieties and add great southwestern flavor and a bit of heat to your favorite culinary creations. Not sure how to use your Hatch Chiles? Check out these great recipes courtesy of the true queen of Hatch: Melissa’s Produce.
Hatch Chile S’mores
Makes 10 s’mores
- 5 graham crackers, snapped along perforations into quartered
- 40 miniature marshmallows
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Melissa’s Hatch Chile Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350⁰F.
- On a baking sheet, spread half of the cracker quarters. Top each with 4 marshmallows and bake until the marshmallow begins to melt, about 5 minutes. Take the crackers out of the oven and immediately top them with the remaining cracker quarters, pressing down slightly.
- Combine the chocolate and oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute, and then stir the mixture with a wooden spoon. Continue microwaving on high in 10-second increments, stirring well after each increment, until the chocolate and oil are completely melted, combined and smooth. Add the chile powder to the chocolate and stir to incorporate. Dip each cracker sandwich into the melted chocolate, turning to coat all sides and place on parchment paper to dry.