There’s nothing like a crispy fry, but we’ll take it a step further and say there’s nothing like crispy fries topped with bacon, cheese and creamy/spicy sauce. We like them just the way they are, but if you feel like riffing on the vibe, go ahead and sub out regular fries for the sweet potato. And don’t skimp on the spicy ranch sauce. It could be your new favorite.
Start to finish: 30 minutes
Hands on time: 30 minutes
- One 20-oz bag of Alexia Waffle Cut Seasoned Sweet Potato Fries
- 8-oz Heinen’s Extra Thick Sliced Bacon, chopped
- 1 Honey Sweet onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped, drained pepperoncini
- 4-oz goat cheese, or similar sift cheese of your choice, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Heinen’s Ranch Dressing
- 1 tablespoon Heinen’s Sriracha Sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Bake the fries as directed. Make sure they are good and crispy.
- While the fries bake, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the bacon. Fry until crispy, about 7 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the onion, a sprinkle of salt and a few grinds of pepper to the hot oil in the pan. Sauté the onion until it begins to soften, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the onions, stirring every now and then, until soft and browned, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Remove the fries from the oven and turn on the broiler.
- Top the fries with the onions, pepperoncini, bacon and goat cheese and broil until the cheese is melted, about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Combine the ranch and Sriracha in a small bowl and drizzle over the hot fries then scatter with the green onions. Serve hot directly from the pan. Careful, it’s hot!