The holidays have us picking up items from our regular departments – Produce, Cheese, Meat, Seafood – but in the rush of the season we may be overlooking some great options right in front of us. Like the Olive Bar at your Heinen’s. Did you know that it exists and is full of great finds other than delicious olives? Check out our ideas for utilizing the Olive Bar this winter:
Marinated Gigante Beans are a wonderful addition to salads or can be enjoyed on their own. You can also quickly mash for a sandwich spread or dip.
Use Pickled Brussels Sprouts as an accompaniment to a relish or charcuterie tray, a garnish for brunch bloody marys, or serve as a quick snack. Slice and use on an antipasto sandwich or as an addition to a grilled cheese sandwich (think pickles).
Roasted Red Peppers are a great shortcut for:
- Spreads and dip recipes
- Julienne for a pizza topping
- Salad topping
- Add to a frittata (spinach, roasted red pepper and brie)
- Pasta sauces, like roasted pepper pesto
- Sandwiches- on its own, or a flavoring to a mayo or spread
- Stuff with a variety of fillings, cheeses, quinoa, cured meats
Baked Citrus Olives
- 3 cups Assorted Black and Green Olives (with pits)
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Zest and juice of 2 tangerines
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- ½ tsp crushed red peppers
- Salt and Pepper to taste (optional)
Mix together, place in an oven proof dish. Bake at 400°F for 12-15 minutes. Serve warm or room temp.
- Goat Cheese (plain or herbs & garlic)
- Heinen’s Balsamic Glaze
Stuff Peppadews with desired amount of Goat Cheese and wrap with one layer of Prosciutto. Set Peppadews up on a baking sheet and place in the oven at 350°, baking for 8-12 minutes. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar before serving.