The following recipe and photography is courtesy of Bread Over Heels, a food scientist and blogger. For more of her recipes and baking tips, visit her website or her Instagram @breadoverheels.
Pumpkin spice and all things nice just got a whole new meaning with this dessert. Not only are these eye-catching muffins packed full of pumpkin spice flavor, but they’re peppered with dark chocolate, crushed pecans and a dash of turmeric for a seasonal splash of color. Now that’s what I consider “all things nice!”
Pumpkin Dark Chocolate Pecan Muffins
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1- 15 oz. can pumpkin
- 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 heaping cup pecan halves, chopped
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin tin with baking spray or butter.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter and canola oil. Let sit to cool slightly. In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin and sugar. Stir in butter and oil mixture. Gently stir in eggs.
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, turmeric and salt. Stir in chopped pecans and dark chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by heaping ¼ cup into prepared muffin tins. Bake for 23-25 minutes or until center is set. Let cool in muffin tin for 5 minutes before removing from tin.