When a ripe box of deliciously sweet Rave Apples from Washington’s own Stemilt Farms shows up at your doorstep, you know it’s going to be a good week! Rave apples are currently available at Heinen’s and they are such a treat! A juicy cross between a honey-crisp apple and monarch— this apple is the first variety to come off trees, being picked in late July. I’ve crafted a super simple recipe that will surely help you turn an ordinary apple into a whimsical snack that everyone will love!
Rave Apple Pie Shortcake
- 4 Heinen’s Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 Rave Apples, skin on and diced
- 1 Tbsp Cane Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Heinen’s French Vanilla Ice cream
- Dice Rave Apples and add to a small bowl.
- Toss apples with cane sugar and cinnamon.
- Slice Heinens Buttermilk Biscuits in half.
- Add two scoops of ice cream.
- Top with cinnamon sugar apples.