When dinnertime inspiration is in a pinch, simple shrimp tacos can be made in a cinch! Packed full of flavorful ingredients like the Tomberry Tomato, as known as the world’s smallest tomato, you’re just 20 minutes away from biting into a delicious, hearty and healthy Mexican-inspired meal.
- 1 NatureFresh™ Farms Red Bell Pepper, sliced or diced
- 1 cup TOMZ® Tomberry® Tomatoes
- Hard or soft taco shells (1-2 per person)
- 2 cups frozen baby shrimp (pre-cooked)
- 2 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 1 cup pineapple or mango, diced
- 1 cup avocado, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese (regular or dairy free)
- 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro
- Wash all fresh produce before preparing.
- Dice veggies and fruit and place into small serving dishes.
- Shred cheese and place it into a small serving dish.
- Rinse shrimp in a strainer with cold water, add to a fry pan, and sauté on medium heat until they are warmed through. Drain water from pan and add sweet chili sauce. Stir until shrimp are coated.
- Make tacos by layering ingredients into the shells.
- Top with a squeeze of lime juice and piece of cilantro.
Time-Saver Tip: Shred the cheese and prep all fruit/vegetables except for the avocado ahead of time.
Nutrition Note: Shrimp is a great source of high-quality protein and omega 3 fatty acids. For a similar nutrition profile, white fish, scallops, or lobster/crab meat could also be used in this recipe!