The recipe and photography for this post was provided courtesy of our friends at Smith’s Foods.
Breakfast in bed is one of the most tried and true traditions to celebrate the leading lady in your life. In honor of Mother’s Day, we’ve teamed up with our friends at Smith’s to share their signature Spice Waffle recipe. Whip this up on Mother’s Day and surprise mom with a delicious breakfast made from scratch.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. powdered sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter, olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 cup Smith’s Cottage Cheese
- 1 cup Smith’s Whole Milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. fresh ground ginger
- 1 tsp. black or red pepper (optional)
- Sift together dry ingredients, set aside.
- Mix well eggs, butter, Smith’s Cottage Cheese, extract and spices.
- Add half of the dry ingredients and Smith’s Milk to the egg mixture, mix just until incorporated, then add remaining half of the dry ingredients and milk, mix again.
- Spread 1/3 cup into waffle iron per 4″x 4″ waffle. Cook until waffle iron indicates it’s done.
- For an extra-crisp waffle, lift lid of the waffle iron, please one pat of butter on each waffle, cook again for an additional 30 seconds.
- Batter keeps well in the fridge for up to a week for easy breakfast in the morning.