This recipe and photography featured in this post were provided courtesy of our friends at Fresh Express.
Get your fill of greens and goodness from the sea with this delicious spinach and grilled salmon recipe finished with strawberries and a Dijon vinaigrette.
Spinach with Grilled Salmon
Ingredients ( For the Salmon and Salad)
- 1 package Fresh Express Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 pint strawberries, quartered
- 4 (6-oz) filets of salmon
Ingredients ( For the Dressing)
- 3 Tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoon clover honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 4 Tablespoon olive oil
Method ( For the Salmon and Salad)
- Season both sides of each salmon filet with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle two Tablespoon of dressing over salmon and toss to coat.
- Marinate for up to two hours before grilling.
- Place filets on a medium-hot grill.
- After two minutes, turn and grill two more minutes.
- Turn filets and continue cooking another two minutes.
- Turn once more for a combined grill time of eight minutes.
- Salmon will be at medium temperature (internal temperature should be 145°F.)
- Remove from grill and keep warm while preparing salad.
- Add onions and strawberries to the dressing bowl and toss well.
- Add greens and toss well to coat.
- Divide salad onto four salad serving plates.
- Top each with a filet of salmon.
- Sprinkle toasted walnut pieces over each salad.
- Serve immediately.
Method ( For the Dressing)
- Combine all dressing ingredients except for the oil.
- Whisk until well blended.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes for flavors to blend.