Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Nothing beats the indulgent taste of a chocolate covered strawberry. This delicious dessert takes this coveted flavor combo and turns it into a delicious summer cobbler using Heinen’s new, in-season, sweet-as-can-be Berry Big Strawberries from Driscoll’s.
I recommend serving this with cool vanilla ice cream to create the ultimate treat!
Strawberry Chocolate Cobbler
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into ½” chunks
- 1 lb. of sliced strawberries
- 2/3 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, milk and baking powder until completely combined.
- Spread the butter on the bottom of a 10×5″ casserole dish and evenly spread out the strawberries. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of chocolate chips over top.
- Pour the batter over the top of the strawberries and chocolate chips until submerged and sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in the oven at 375°F for 45-50 minutes or until browned and firm in the center.
- Serve with optional ice cream and chocolate sauce.