Think Outside the Sandwich recipes challenge you to rethink how you incorporate deli meat and cheese into your meals. Our Two Brothers Deli Meats and Cheeses are sourced using our highest standards, continuing the tradition of offering only the best to our customers.
When you’re standing at the deli counter at your Heinen’s you have many different options to choose from and it can be overwhelming. Direct your attention to our Two Brothers Deli Meats and the options are slightly narrowed, but you still have more than 5 different types of ham in front of you. The good news: you can’t go wrong. We sample all of our products before they’re added to our stores with the goal of looking for a better eating experience for you.
Once you’ve added ham to your cart the question becomes how will you use it? Sandwiches are a delicious go-to, but what about saving some of that ham for tomorrow’s breakfast or this weekend’s brunch? Scroll down for two great Frittata recipes that incorporate Two Brothers Baked Ham & Two Brothers Canadian Bacon. Once you try them let us know what you think using #ThinkOutsideTheSandwich on social media.
Swiss & Baked Ham Frittata
This is my go to easy recipe for breakfast or dinner. When I was in Spain just about every bar I was in offered frittata as a small plate with beer. It’s delicious and completely adaptable with ingredient options. It’s even good wrapped up in the kids’ lunch boxes.
- 9 eggs
- ¼ cup half and half
- ¼ pound Two Brothers Baby Swiss cheese sliced into ¼ inch strips
- ¼ pound Two Brothers Baked Ham
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- Dash of Cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh or dried herbs (I used parsley and dill that I dried myself from left over fresh)
- olive oil or butter to coat pan
- endless options…add caramelized onion, red or green peppers, cooked potatoes. mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Beat together the eggs and cream with the salt, pepper and cayenne (do not over-beat; just mix until the eggs mostly come together.)
- In a large, oven-proof, non-stick skillet melt butter or oil over medium-high heat. Add the ham and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently, Add optional items* at this point if you choose, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and stir to cook. Add the spinach and stir to cook about 1 minute.
- Make sure all the ingredients are evenly distributed across the bottom of the skillet, then pour in the egg mixture so that it evenly coats everything. Add the cut strips of cheese evenly throughout pan. Stir in a bit.
- Let it sit on the burner for 30-45 seconds to set the edges, then put the skillet in the oven.
- Watch the frittata as it cooks. Let it cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the eggs are set but remove it before the eggs brown very much on top.
- Slide the frittata out of the skillet and onto a cutting board. With a long serrated knife, slice it into wedges and serve warm with fresh fruit. It’s also delicious cold.
*NOTE: Add any ingredients you want! Mushrooms, leeks, different cheeses, tomatoes, zucchini, squash, bell peppers. Have fun!
Spicy Chard & Ham Frittata
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 bunch chard (rainbow or Swiss)
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ lb thick-cut Two Brothers Canadian Bacon, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 eggs
- ¼ lb Two Brothers Colby Caliente (1 large piece), shredded
- ¾ tsp salt
- Heat oven to 400° F. Separate leaves and chard stems, roughly chopping both. In a 10-inch skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium. Add Canadian Bacon and cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, to brown. Add garlic and red pepper flakes; cook 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil and increase heat to medium-high. Add chard stems to pan; cook 5 minutes. Stir in chard leaves and cook until tender and water is absorbed, about 4 to 5 more minutes.
- While chard is cooking, whisk eggs in a bowl. Whisk in cheese, cooked bacon and salt.
- Once chard is cooked, reduce heat to medium. Add 1 tbsp olive olive and stir to coat pan. Pour in egg mixture and cook 2 minutes.
- Place skillet in oven and bake at 400° F for 12 to 15 minutes, until set. Rest 5 minutes, then loosen edges and bottom with a nonstick spatula. Transfer to plate and slice into wedges.