This recipe and photography was provided courtesy of local cookbook author and chef, Carla Snyder. Learn more about Carla and discover her recipes at Ravenouskitchen.com.
This smoothie is quickly blended using berries of your choice, grapes, grape juice, honey and yogurt. It is so cool and refreshing that you might want to make a double batch for breakfast the next day. Simply keep it in the freezer and whiz it up when you’re ready.
It’s that easy: This recipe is great for using up the bits and pieces of fruit from the fruit sushi recipe.
Very Berry Smoothie with Animal Crackers
Start-to-Finish: 15 minutes
Hands-On Time: 15 minutes
Makes about 1 quart
- 2 cups mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries), plus more for garnish, rinsed
- 1 cup seedless white grapes, rinsed
- 1/2 cup white grape juice
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Animal crackers
- In a blender, combine the berries, grapes, juice, yogurt, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt with 12 to 15 ice cubes.
- Puree until smooth and icy.
- Transfer the smoothie to glasses and garnish with the animal crackers and a few berries.