Customers know that we’re proud of our produce. There are many reasons that’s true, including the quality and that we can say we know our sources. Both of these standards are met with Organic Girl’s line of organic salads.
The Organic Girl mission started in California’s fertile Salinas Valley. Their good, clean greens are USDA certified organic, grown for great taste, triple washed, and packaged in 100% recyclable containers. Wondering where you can locate them in store? A Heinen’s Produce Associate is happy to help you discover Baby Spinach, Romaine Leaves, Super Greens and much more.
Once you bring Organic Girl greens home with you, the possibilities are endless! Salads, of course, but also smoothies, sides, sauces, and sandwiches. Give this Roasted Beets and Greens Salad a try.
Roasted Beets and Greens Salad
Prep: 5 min.
Bake: 30 min.
- 2 large or 4 medium beets, scrubbed and cut into thin wedges
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 package of organicgirl SUPERGREENS!
- ¼ cup of dressing (we recommend a Parmesan-based variety)
- ¼ cup of chopped hazelnuts
- shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- On a large baking sheet, toss beet wedges with oil and salt, and arrange in a single layer. Roast until tender, about 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss greens with dressing and arrange on plates. Top with beets and hazelnuts. If desired, garnish with shaved Parmesan.
Recipe and photo provided by Organic Girl.