Keep dinner light, fresh and fast tonight with this easy 10-minute Salmon Piccata with Spinach. To eliminate nearly all prep work, I’m relying on a handful of easy ingredients like Barilla Ready Pasta, Stancatto Piccata Sauce, Gourmet Gardens Italian Herbs and Two Brothers Baked Salmon. You really can’t beat this healthy, flavorful weeknight-friendly pasta, which is on the table in 10 minutes or less!
To show you how simple this is, here’s a quick recipe run-down (full recipe below): Heat the pre-cooked pasta, jarred piccata sauce and pimentos in a skillet. Stir in a couple handfuls of baby spinach and continue to cook until the spinach wilts slightly. Then, gently fold in fresh, chopped herbs and a fillet of baked salmon (I like to flake this into bite-size pieces first). Finish with more herbs to taste and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
This recipe serves 2 but can easily be doubled.
Salmon Piccata with Spinach
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 package Barilla Ready Pasta (penne)
- 1/3 cup Stancatto Piccata Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Cento Pimentos
- 2-3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-2 tablespoons Gourmet Gardens Italian Herbs, plus more to serve
- 1 Two Brothers Baked Salmon fillet (about ⅓ pound), re-heated and flaked
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges
- In a medium-size sauté pan over medium heat, add the pouch of pasta, piccata sauce and pimentos. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until pasta is heated through. Add additional piccata sauce to taste.
- Stir in the spinach and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes, or until it wilts slightly. Gently fold in herbs and salmon until well combined.
- Divide pasta into two bowls. Garnish with additional herbs and lemon wedges.