This recipe was inspired by Heinen’s What’s for Dinner?, a weekly meal guide with simple ingredients and step-by-step instructions.
Serve all the flavor of a traditional Chicken Cacciatore in a fraction of the time with the help of a few store-bought shortcuts, like pre-sliced peppers and rotisserie chicken. Swap out the pasta for prepared Cheesy Polenta or toasted baguette slices to keep this even simpler.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 12 oz box whole wheat bow tie pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 8 oz package sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 12 oz package Heinen’s recipe-ready julienne fajita mix
- Heinen’s organic marinara sauce (26 oz)
- Rotisserie chicken
- Salt & pepper
- Optional: chopped fresh parsley, grated Asiago cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Set aside.
- Using your hands, remove meat from rotisserie chicken and pull apart into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- Heat remaining two tablespoons of olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and fajita mix and saute until onions are soft and mushrooms reduce by half, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in marinara sauce and shredded chicken. Bring mixture to a simmer and continue to cook over medium heat until chicken is heated through (if cold), about 2-3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve Chicken Cacciatore over cooked pasta. Garnish with parsley and/or grated cheese, if desired. Enjoy!